A Smile A Day GDPR Privacy Poilicy
This is privacy notice of A Smile A Day Photography
I respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how I look after your personal data when you visit my website (regardless of where you visit it from). I’ll also tell you about your privacy rights and how the data protection laws protect you.
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below.
- Who I am and important information
- The personal data I collect about you
- How I collect your personal data
- How I use your personal data
- Who I share your personal data with
- International transfers
- Data security
- Data retention
- Your legal rights
- Changes to this notice and your duty to inform us of changes
- Queries, requests or concerns
Who I Am And Important Information
What is the purpose of this privacy notice?
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how I collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to my newsletter/purchase a product or service or take part in competitions I run.
This website is not intended for children, and I do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice I may provide on specific occasions when I are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why I are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Nate Lansdell is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as A Smile A Day Photography, “I”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice). Our contact details are Workspace House, 28/29 Maxwell Road. Peterborough. PE2 7JE
For all data matters write to Nate Lansdell at Workspace House, 28/29 Maxwell Road. Peterborough. PE2 7JE
Third-party links outside of our control
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave my website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The Personal Data I Collect About You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office.
I may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which I have grouped together follows
- Identity Data includes first name/last name/ username/marital status/ title/date of birth/gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address/delivery address/email address/ telephone numbers.
I also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, I may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if I combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, I treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
I do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do I collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where I need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract I have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract I have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, I may have to cancel a product or service you have with me but I will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How I Collect Your Personal Data
I use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Directly You may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for our products or services.
- Create an account on our website.
- Subscribe to our service or publications.
- Request marketing to be sent to you.
How I Use Your Personal Data
I will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, I will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of Contract this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering such a contract.
- Legitimate Interest this means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. I make sure I consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before I process your personal data for our legitimate interests. I do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless I have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how I assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by writing to A Smile A Day Photography at Workspace House, 28/29 Maxwell Road. Peterborough. PE2 7JE
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that I are subject to.
Generally, I do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by writing to A Smile A Day Photography at Workspace House, 28/29 Maxwell Road. Peterborough. PE2 7JE
Purposes For Which I Will Use Your Personal Data
I have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways I plan to use your personal data, with the legal bases I rely on to do so.
Note that I may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which I are using your data. Please contact me at email@example.com if you need details about the specific legal ground, I are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
I strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from me
I may use your identity, contact, technical, usage and profile data to form a view on what I think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how I decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from me if you have requested information from me or purchased goods or services from me or if you provided me with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
I will get your express opt-in consent before I share your personal data with any company outside of A Smile A Day Photography for marketing purposes.
You can ask me or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by writing to A Smile A Day Photography at Workspace House, 28/29 Maxwell Road. Peterborough. PE2 7JE
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to me as a result of a service purchase, a service experience or other transaction.
Change of purpose
I will only use your personal data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please write to A Smile A Day Photography at Workspace House, 28/29 Maxwell Road. Peterborough. PE2 7JE
If I need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Who I Share Your Personal Data With
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties
- External Third Parties Service
- Providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties to whom I may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, I may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
I require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
I do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, I limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I are legally required to do so.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, I consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which I process your personal data and whether I can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law I must keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances I may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case I may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which I hold about you;
- The right to request that I correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data.
- The right to request that I provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable 9i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where I process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please write to A Smile A Day Photography at Workspace House, 28/29 Maxwell Road. Peterborough. PE2 7JE
No fee required – with some exceptions
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, I may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What I may need from you
I may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you and keep you updated.
Changes To This Notice And Your Duty To Inform Us Of Changes
This version was last updated on 21st May 2022.
Please keep me informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with me. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
Queries, Requests Or Concerns
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and us, please in the first instance write to A Smile A Day Photography at Workspace House, 28/29 Maxwell Road. Peterborough. PE2 7JE
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England, UK.